image
image
image
 
 
 

 

You are here:  Home   |   National   |   Sindh Cabinet annuls all OPS and contract employment

 

Thursday 24, April 2014

 
 
 

 

Sindh Cabinet annuls all OPS and contract employment

Posted by: AAJ News Archive, Uploaded: 29th April 2008



Sindh Cabinet annuls all OPS and contract employmentSindh Cabinet which met here on Tuesday under the chairmanship of Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah announced to annul all OPS and contract employments forthwith.
Briefing newsmen about the cabinet decision, Sindh Information Minister Shazia Marri, however, clarified that in exceptional cases where services of technical experts would be required, the Chief Minister will have the authority to allow such contract employees to continue.
She said this decision will pave the way to induct, though less experienced, but new ones into employment.
She said the officers officials re-employed included those of Grade 22 to 1.
Shazi Marri informed that employees working under OPS on higher posts in their own pay and scale have also been done away with. She said there are 300 plus employees in Grade 1-11.
As regards contract employees, she said, the Cabinet directed all the departments to prepare their lists.
She said the Cabinet took notice of employees whose promotions remained with- held for want of meetings of departmental promotion committees for years and many of them had reached the retirement age.
As per Cabinet decision, she said, the Departmental Promotion Committees will meet within one month and decide all such cases of promotions.
She said in the Cabinet meeting, certain laws were also amedned. She said one such law amended was Sindh Gothabad Housing Scheme and the definition of “rural areas” incorporated in the 1987 Act.
Similarly, she said, in the wake of a resolution passed by Sindh Assembly for renaming District Nawabshah as Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto District, the 1967 Act was also amended to provide for the provision for renaming of any district or Taluka as and when resolved by Sindh Assembly.
The Ninister said the Cabinet also reviewed the food situation in the province and appreciated the achievements of the Food Minister on this count.
The Cabinet, she said, was informed that so far over 200,000 metric tons of wheat has been procured and procurement process is continuing for which government support is also available.
She said the Food Department is being provided more vehicles to facilitate wheat procurement.
As regards law and order, she said the matter was reviewed and it was decided to remove all tinted glasses and fancy number plates (from vehicles) without any discrimination between influentials and the common man.
To a question, Sindh Information Minister said KBCA or KWSB- related issue did not come under discussion nor it was on the item agenda. She said MQM-PPP dialogue also did not figure in the meeting.
Advisor to Chief Minister for Political Affairs and Provincial Secretary Information Fasihuddin were also present in the briefing.

Copyright APP (Associated Press of Pakistan), 2008

For Aaj News updates, follow us on Twitter or join us on Facebook

Story first published: 29th April 2008




 
 
 

 
 


 

 






 
 

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, redistributed or derived from. Unless otherwise stated, all content is copyrighted © Copyright 2013 AAJ NEWS. All rights reserved.