KARACHI: A building of State life Company caught fire adjacent to Zainab Market in Saddar, Karachi, reported Aaj news on Wednesday.
Fire broke out in a multi-storyed building in the early hours of Wednesday.
Fire Brigade and Edhi Ambulances rushed to the site immediately.
The official of the Central Fire said that five fire engines and two snorkels were dispatched to the spot.
The Chief Fire Officer Ehteshamuddin later said that the fire broke out in the State Life Building near Saddar probably owing to short circuiting.
Ehtesham said that with the prompt arrival of the fire tenders and the fire extinguishing system within the building the fire was controlled and that a possible tragedy was averted through timely efforts and intervention. However, the smoke spread on various floors.
He stated that those inside the building got themselves evacuated through the emergency exists.
However, one person got panicky and jumped from the high rise building. He was picked from the ground and rushed to hospital where he scummed to the injuries.
The State Life building is 15 floors tall, and posses several other offices.
Story first published: 28th November 2012