ISLAMABAD, Aug 27 (APP): Minister for interior and Narcotics Control Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan told Senate Tuesday the official security escort being provided to various unauthorized persons had been withdrawn.
Responding to the question of Tahir Hussain Mashhadi, he said the security cover to various unauthorized was granted by the previous government. The security personnel still deployed with former ministers would also be withdrawn, he added.
Chaudhry Nisar said police and other security agencies would be used to protect people rather than some chosen people. He advised such people to deploy private security guards for their personal security.
He said there was a ban on displaying arms in the Federal Capital, which would be strictly implemented.
He said former interior minister Aftab Ahmed Sherpao had been provided the security cover of two head constables, six constables and a driver. An assistant sub-inspector, five constables and a driver had been provided to another former minister Syed Faisal Saleh Hayat.
The security escort of former interior ministers would be withdrawn soon, he added.
The minister said an amount of Rs 6,192,000 per annum was being spent on the security of two former interior ministers as expender incurred for an ASI was Rs 43,000 per month and two head constables Rs 70,000.