KARACHI: Several female fell unconscious after an alleged toxic gas leak at a garment export factory situated in Landhi area of Karachi on Monday, media reported.
According to the rescue sources, at least 25 female employees of a factory were affected when there was allege leak of poisonous in the working area of factory located in Landhi Export Processing Zone.
The affected workers were transported to the Jinnah Hospital for treatment.
There are approximately 4,000 workers employed at the factory. The media coordinator for the Export Processing Zone said a female factory worker saw a “ghost in the washroom,” following which panic ensued broke out. The coordinator claimed that it was during this panic that the workers were injured.