RAHIM YAR KHAN: Three brothers were burnt alive when fire broke out in their residential quarter at Medical Colony here on Friday late night.
According to rescue 1122, Muhammad Rafiq, an employee of Sheikh Zayed Hospital/Medical College here, was residing in a quarter of Medical Colony of the hospital/college. Last late night when the house inmates were asleep, fire broke out
suddenly due to short circuit in the quarter.
As a result Jawad (16), Hamid (13) and Safian (12) sons of Muhammad Rafiq and another eight year boy Yousaf received serious burn injuries.
Rescue 1122 shifted the injured to Sheikh Zayed Hospital where Jawad, Hamid and Safian succumbed to the injuries while the condition of Yousaf is stated to be precarious.
However, other ill fated family members who were slept in other room remained safe from fire.