KARACHI: A blast took place in Liaquatabad inside a house due to gas leakage in which four persons including a woman and three children were injured, Aaj News reported.
According to the sources, woman of the house was about to prepare breakfast for the rest of the people at home. She flamed a match stick to turn on the stove and suddenly an explosion took place, due to which the woman and three children sustained burning injuries.
According to the residents and neighbors, the explosion was huge. They also mentioned that SUI Southern Gas Company has recently updated plastic gas pipeline in their particular area after the complaint of gas leakage registered by the residents. Devastating damages were also reported after the blast, whereas glasses of the houses located nearby and cars in a closer proximity were also damaged.
On the other hand, none of the members of the Govt. Committee has visited the area up till now.