Scorching summers and Ramadan are a rather challenging combination. Here are a few tips which might help you to reduce thirst while fasting:
1. Avoid salty foods, such as canned or processed foods, salted nuts, and pickles.
2. Avoid drinking sweetened juices, especially in suhoor, because it pulls fluid from the cells and the blood, increasing the body’s need for water. Instead drink fresh fruit juices.
3. Use very little salt on the salad or use lemon instead salt because the large amount of salt increases the feeling of thirst during the fasting period. Also avoid foods that contain hot spices and flavors.
4. Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight because it increases the sweating and fluid loss from the body
5. Have a moderate water temperature, not too cold because it can cause problems in digestion.
6. Have yoghurt in suhoor and after some time have a cup of light small cardamoms tea.