ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan on Sunday said he could with full responsibility say that no directive was issued by the government regarding investigation into Imran Farooq murder case. The government has only allowed filing a lawsuit, Aaj News reported.
“It could be understandable if politics of Karachi had anything to do with Imran Farooq murder case, however media in the race of ratings made it an issue and the case was in wrong manner portrayed as a ‘breaking news’,” he said while talking to media in Islamabad.
He said had the case been registered a couple of days before the local bodies elections, it would have been said that elections were being sabotaged.
The interior minister said a new Join Investigation Team (JIT) would be formed in this case.
Nisar said decision had been taken to exchange information with the British government.
“It is an international case and the criminals were arrested from Pakistan. The case would be run according to the constitution,” he said.
He said filing of case against somebody did not mean that he was held criminal.
Nisar Ali said the government only allowed registration of case and the government had nothing to do with the case. He said this was purely judicial process and judiciary will decide the case.
In the end, he said he himself had not read JIT report.