- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- Combine garlic, soy sauce, water, honey, 1 tablespoon oil, cornstarch and black/red pepper. Stir chicken into marinade and mix to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, stirring once to twice.
- In large skillet, heat remaining oil.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to skillet. Stir-fry about 5 minutes. Add reserved marinade; continue to cook and stir about 30 seconds until thickened.
- Remove to platter. Garnish with green onion. Serve with snow peas, if desired.