Mango puree – 1 ¾ cups (puree from about 3 mangoes)
Heavy whipping cream – 1 ½ cups
Sugar – ¼ cup or more (¼ cup of sugar is perfect to sweeten the cream + more as required as per your mangoes’ sweetness)
Pure vanilla extract – 1 tablespoon
How to make Mango Ice cream
1) First make puree of the mangoes. Add required sugar as per the fruit’s sweetness.
2) Pour the cream in a bowl. Keep this bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes. Why? If everything is nice and chilled then cream gets whipped very quickly and also gets whipped to its maximum volume.
3) Add 1/4 cup of sugar and start beating the cream, I am using hand mixer. You can do with your hand using wire whisk or use stand mixer with whisk attachment.
4) Beat it till you get nice stiff peak. Be very careful that you don’t over beat the cream, otherwise it will start to curdle and butter will start to separate out.
5) Once you get stiff peak, add mango puree and vanilla.
6) Fold it in using spatula. Do not mix vigorously otherwise cream will deflate.
7) Pour into the shallow and wide container, so it freezes quickly. Cover it and keep refrigerated till it is half frozen about 4 hours.
8) Then take out the container from the freezer, cut into pieces, add it to the blender.
9) Blend it till it becomes smooth and in liquid form again. This will break all the ice crystals that formed.
10) Pour it back to the container. Cover it with plastic wrap. Make sure that plastic touches to the ice cream surface. This prevents the formation of ice crystals on top surface.
11) Freeze it till sets completely. Scoop out into a bowl and serve.