WEB DESK: Just had an expensive nail manicure and worried it might chip away soon? It inevitably happens, but here are ways that can help. Presenting tips to salvage the situation.
- Take some white vinegar on cotton and wipe your nails with it before applying the base. This removes unwanted excess oils.
- Do not soak the nails though this is common practice. This makes the nails expand and shrink later, causing the polish to look lumpy.
- Apply the base coat in the right manner. Do not ignore the tips as that is where the chance of chipping is the highest.
- Use a sparkly lacquer as your top coat.
- Always use a cuticle oil on the nails.
- Never shake the nail polish bottle up and down as this creates air bubbles which will manifest in the nails. Instead, just roll the bottle between your hands.
- Never dry the nails with hot air. You may dip your fingernails in ice to do so.
With inputs from Times of India