Pakistan on Tuesday rejected the latest Indian allegations of the 2003 cease-fire violation along Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir two days after the Uri attack which brought the two nuclear neighbours to the “war of words”.
“There has been no violation from Pakistan side and there has been no firing incident from Pakistan side”, Foreign Office spokesperson Nafees Zakaria said in a text message to Business Recorder, while dismissing the Indian allegations of an exchange of fire between the troops of the two countries.
Indian army spokesman Colonel Rajesh Kalia has reportedly said that there had been a “cease-fire violation” near Uri, an area where 18 Indian soldiers were killed in an attack by four suspected militants on Sunday which was followed by aggressive rhetoric and hostile statements from the Indian ministers.
The troops deployed from both sides of the LoC usually exchange fire, which often results in killings of civilians. Only in the last two years, according to the sources, more than 300 violations were reported from the Indian side that has resulted in killing of 57 Pakistani citizens and injuring 225 others. -Business Recorder