Water is the most essential element to life on Earth. About 71 percent of the earth’s surface is covered with water.
Here are 10 odd and interesting facts about water that you might not know.
1. Water is the only substance to be found naturally on Earth in 3 states (solid, liquid, and gas).
2. The average resident of Sub-Saharan Africa uses about 3 gallons of water per day.
3. There is more fresh water in the atmosphere than in all the Earth’s rivers combined.
4. Jellyfish are about 95% water.
5. Your bones consist of 31% water.
6. It takes nearly 3,000 gallons of water to manufacture one pair of jeans.
7. The expiration date on water bottles is for the bottle, not the water.
8. People in Asia and Africa have to walk an average of 6km (3.7 miles) to collect water.
9. Only one percent of the world’s water is drinkable.
10. That 1% of Earth’s water is drinkable? Well, about 90% of that drinkable water is found in Antarctica.