• Chickpeas 1½cups
• Salt 1tsp (for boiling)
• Peeled and sliced potatoes 2 medium size
• Tomatoes 5 medium size
• Coriander as per taste
• Green chilies as per taste
• Onion rings
• Water of boiled chickpeas
• Mustard seed 1½ tsp
• Cumin seed 1½ tsp
• Red chili powder 1½ tsp
• Salt ¾ tsp
• Tamarind pulp with added salt ½ cup
Direction to cook:
1. Boil chickpeas with salt for 25 minutes in pressure cooker if they were not soaked before.
2. Heat oil in a pan and roast mustard seeds and cumin seed.
3. Add tomatoes and allow them to dissolve in oil.
4. Add half of tamarind pulp and save half for serving.
5. Reduce the flame to low.
6. Add green chilies, green coriander, onion and boiled potatoes.
7. Mix all ingredients well.
8. Add chickpeas and remaining tamarind pulp at the time of serving.
9. Serve it with Papari, sweet yogurt and Dahi bara.