Web Desk: During a water fight with kids in the garden, a 59-year-old Philip Pike lost his finger tips and almost died after catching a flesh-eating bug.
While playing with children, he fell into a rose bush, he received some scratches in the beginning, but later, he became ill soon afterwards from contracting necrotizing fasciitis, a serious bacterial infection.
He was in a coma for two weeks, then he had to learn to walk again. He also lost his parts of fingers, toes and buttocks.
The bacterial infection affected his tissue beneath the skin and muscles and organs. It quickly became life-threatening from blood poisoning and organ failure.