A frozen Indian dessert made up of full cream laced with almonds, this is a delightful Ramadan recipe that is worth a try. A few minutes of stirring and you can scoop out ice cream made at home that youngsters will simply love. This is one of the easiest Ramadan sweet recipes to try out.
- Blanched almonds
How To Make:
- Boil 2 liter milk in a heavy pot.
- As soon as the milk begins to rise, turn the heat down to allow the milk to simmer vigorously without over boiling.
- Add 10 cardamoms.
- The milk has to reduce to about a third of its original amount. Stir frequently.
- Whenever a film forms on top of the milk, just stir it in.
- Discard the cardamom pods and add 5 tbls sugar and 10 blanched and chopped almonds.
- Stir and simmer gently for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the reduced milk into a bowl and cool completely.
- Stir in some chopped unsalted pistachios and stir in.
- Cover and place in the freezer.
- Stir the ice cream every 15 minutes or so to break up the crystals.
- When it becomes difficult to stir, divide the ice cream into 6 small cups or yoghurt pots. Cover and freeze.
- Unmould to serve.