Web Desk: Mobile explosion can also caused death. Smartphone with huge 5000 mAh battery or something like that, could cause burn injuries.
According to a Times of India report, an Indian man died, after a phone kept in his pocket while he was sleeping exploded. The wife of the man, who was 60, reportedly told cops that the incident happened around 2.30am and before she could do something her husband had suffered burn injuries. The victim was identified as Kishore Singh.
This is not the first time that we have heard of the phones exploding and causing harm, although this one seems extreme and bizarre. Sources within Jio hint that although the incident has nothing to do with JioPhone, after GizmoChina report the company will, just as a precautionary measure, look into the incident.
Earlier, a China-based website called GizmoChina recently picked up the news and erroneously reported that the phone in question was a JioPhone and that the incident happened in Chittagong, Bangladesh. For the snafu you can probably blame auto-correct and likely the lack of relevant information that Chinese have with local Indian geography.