You are here: Home | Shahzeb Khan’s Murder
Saturday 20, September 2014
Just like Madame Defarge of Charles Dickens’ ‘A Tale of Two Cities’ silently kept knitting the registry of all those condemned to death and punishment, when the simple and humble peasants eventually rise to the massacre of the oppressors, the nature is writing down all the names and crimes of the feudals acting as pharaohs in the land of the pure. Just as the ‘bloody red queen’ of Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland uses pigs as her foot rest, flamingo as a mallet, hedgehog as her croquet ball and monkeys as her throne support, feudals in Pakistan enslave the commoners and treat them like animals. You annoy them slightly and the verdict comes ‘Off with his head’ and job done. Remember the pharaoh who said to Moses ‘I give life and I give death’. These are no different.
An excerpt from “We are all Shahzeb Khan“ by Aisha Aijaz
17th January, 2013
9th January, 2013
- News reports surface about Shahrukh Jatoi escaping to US from Dubai.
-Shahzeb’s father, DSP Aurangzeb Khan says that Shahrukh is under custody in Dubai. Due to the sensitive nature of where he was found in Dubai, the FIA and police are delaying his arrival process.
8th January, 2013
7th January, 2013
- Shahzeb’s Facebook Page has demanded a formal apology from Pakistan Today for trying to sabotage a Movement For Justice.
- A stark reflection of YELLOW JOURNALISM in Pakistan.
-After immense outrage by supporters on Social media, (Facebook, Twitter). Pakistan Today has taken down the “fake story” about Shahzeb’s father.
- A local news publisher claims that Shahzeb’s father has made a deal with the Talpurs and the Jatois to withdraw all cases against Shahrukh and Siraj in exchange for Rs 250. Million.
6th January, 2013
- Shahzeb’s friends, family and media persons conduct a peace walk at Mubarak Masjid near Sea View, Karachi. The place of Shahzeb’s murder.
- After this successful walk, supporters in London call for a peaceful protest Saturday 12 of January 2013 at 3:30 pm outside Pakistani high commission in London.
5th January, 2013
- Friends and Family call for a peaceful walk for Shahzeb’s Murder in Karachi.
According to police, the suspect was arrested and the car that was used in Shahzeb’s Killing was also recovered from suspect’s possession.
According to the cell phone records, Shahrukh Jatoi and Siraj Talpur used their phones to contact their families. Earlier, Sikandar Jatoi claimed on national television that he had not spoken to his son since the night of the murder which was between 24th and 25th of December.
- Sources from within the Federal Intelligence Agency (FIA) suggest that both suspects (Shahrukh Jatoi and Siraj Talpur) are inside Pakistan and have not fled the country, yet.
4th January, 2013
Aaj Tv’s Rizwan Jaffer conducts an exclusive show on Shahzeb Khan Murder case.
Guests: Sharmila Farooqi and DSP Aurangzeb Khan.
- The Supreme ordered to freeze all the property and bank accounts of suspects in Shahzeb Khan’s murder case, and to cancel their passports.
- Following the absence, CJP ordered to arrest accused Shahrukh Jatoi until evening today, otherwise IG will have to lose his office.
- The hearing was later adjourned to January 7.
2nd January, 2013
- The police investigation team have arrested the manager of Jatoi family and business affairs, from near Karachi’s Supreme Court registry. The manager is now being held at an undisclosed location under the custody of police. He was identified as Mustafa Jatoi.
- Facebook page for Shahzeb Khan reaches Eighty Thousand (80,000) supporters in one week.
1st January 2013
SC directed the relevant authorities to submit a report with respect to the case.
CJ ordered IG Sindh and Advocate General Sindh to personally present themselves in front of the Court on January 4 along with the entire investigation report on the case.
31st December, 2012
Shahrukh Jatoi’s Security Guard is arrested
- Police arrest Shahrukh Jatoi’s security guard. Shahrukh Jatoi and Siraj Talpur are the two alleged murderers of Shahzeb Khan. Former’s security guard is believed to be present at the scene of the crime and is one of the prime suspects of Shahzeb Khan’s murder.
30th December, 2012
Karachi: Shahzeb’s family and close friends stage a protest at Karachi press club.
Thousands of people show up in support of Shahzeb, holding banners and pictures of him, as well as his alleged murderers’, Shahrukh Jatoi and Siraj Talpur.
Protestors chanted slogans and demanded a suo motu notice from the Chief Justice himself. Meanwhile, thousands of supporters hold a peaceful protest at Liberty Chowk in Lahore.
Justice for Shahzeb Khan Campaign gains international attention. People from all over the globe join his Facebook page and pledge their support in seeking justice for Shahzeb.
The creator of the Facebook page, that sparked the revolution in Egypt, praises the effort to seek justice and advises to continue the campaign with same kind of unrelenting passion.
Pictures of the alleged murders of Shahzeb Khan are leaked and circulated on the internet.
MQM Rabita Committee and PTI’s Imran Khan openly condemn the murder of young Shahzeb and pledge support to his cause with a promise of not to “politicize” the protest.
#Justice4Shahzeb becomes one of the top trends on Twitter. Close friends start an online petition to Chief Justice of Pakistan, asking him to take Suo Motu notice of the Shahzeb Khan murder. Supporters from Lahore and Islamabad also organize peaceful protests.
26th-27th December, 2012.
Facebook page gains attention in national Media, reaches 10,000 supporters in 2 days. News media starts investigating and reporting the full story on Shahzeb’s killing and the feudal mentality that has plagued Karachi. TV anchors conduct shows and question the authorities.
Shahzeb’s family and close friends announce a peaceful protest at Karachi Press club on 30th December.
25th-26th December, 2012.
Description of Shahzeb’s Facebook Page.
“Shahzeb Khan was a very important part of our family. He was shot dead on the night of 25th December by some drunk men. This innocent boy had to lose his life for no reason. He had not picked a fight, he had not caused trouble. He was only on his way back from his eldest sister’s Valima. Shahzeb Khan is a Shaheed. Not only was he our brother but our hero. This boy never disappointed us. He never gave up, or let his family down. We all loved him so dearly. And seeing him just moments before, smiling at his sister’s wedding and loosing him moments later really broke us. It unimaginable and still so surreal to us that this vital member of our family has left us. Who gave them the right to kill such an amazing brother, son, friend? no body. But they did it anyway, and also got away with it, hiding somewhere now. Our family is so shattered by Shahzeb’s loss that healing from this seems unreachable.
Knowing Shahzeb since he was born has been an honor to us. This beautiful bratty boy was nothing short of a gem. He was adorable. And so so brave. He wouldn’t let anybody hurt those he loved. He was really scared of no one. Shahzeb was followed by these men and shot twice after which his car toppled over. All of this was a matter of minutes. Minutes after his sister’s valima, minutes of confusion, of struggle, of courage, of pain and then a lifetime of loss. Shahzeb humara bacha, humara bhai, mera mottu, jaan ho tum! When your body was brought in, your face, and everything, is just cemented in our memories. I don’t believe whatever had happened beacuse its just been a day since I last saw you and hugged you.
May Allah grant you the highest place in Jannat. Love you.”
The Facebook page sparks an outrage through out the social media-sphere. With people from all walks of life joining in and supporting the cause, making pledges to protest and seek justice.
24th December 2012:
According to sources, Ahle-Sunnat-Wal-Jamaat leader Maulana Aurangzeb Farooqi was targeted this afternoon when unknown armed men riding on eight motor cycles opened fire on his car, killing 4 of his guards, a police constable and his driver. Maulana Farooqi was severely injured in the incident and was later rushed to a nearby hospital.
The unfortunate incident was reported near Moti Mahal within the Gulshan Iqbal area.
Sources recently reported that Aurangzeb Farooqi was now stable and the doctors believed that he was out of danger.
Meanwhile in other incidents, a man named Haider was killed within the Chamcha Hotel in Korangi while another named Abdul Hafeez got injured as a result of the dreadful incident.
Another man, Ayaz, was shot dead within the Shah Faisal Town remit.
Earlier on Monday night, DSP Aurangzeb’s son Shahzeb was shot dead by anonymous armed men at Khayaban-e-Bahria, Defence.
Sources report that prior to the incident, Shahzeb was involved in a fight with Shahrukh Jatoi and Nawab Siraj Talpur but the issue got resolved by the police.
The deceased is reported to have a close relationship with PPP politician Nabeel Gabol.