KARACHI: The route leading to the Expo Center from Karachi Airport has been decorated with national flags and buntings and the traffic police have announced alternate routes, as the four-day International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) 2016 is set to begin on Nov 22.
IDEAS 2016 would foster the image of Karachi at international level, the District Municipal Corporation (DMC) Korangi said, in a statement, on Sunday, as it placed welcome banners for the delegates from Karachi Airport up to Drigh Road, and also decorated the route with national flags and buntings.
While the office of the DIG Traffic Police, Karachi, in a statement, said on Sunday that instructions have been issued regarding alternate routes and diversions for public, commercial and private vehicles’ owners in connection with IDEAS 2016 to be held at Expo Center Karachi from Nov 22 to 25.
The motorists have been requested to follow the following instructions to avoid any inconvenience:
1) All Commercial vehicles coming from Karachi Airport towards Stadium via Karsaz will be diverted towards Baloch Colony, `U’ turn from Tipu Sultan Bridge towards Shaheed-e-Millat Road to approach Jail Flyover, University Road, Gharibabad etc.
2) University Road both tracks will remain open for vehicular Traffic. However,
i) All commercial vehicles coming from SITE area to proceed Shara-e-Faisal or Karsaz will be diverted from Liaquatabd No.10 to Shara-e-Pakistan.
ii) All vehicles coming from Liaquatabd, Gharibabad to proceed Shara-e-Faisal or Karsaz will be diverted before Hassan Square Flyover (left) towards Sahba Akhtar Road, Machli Cut, University Road University Road to NIPA and `U’ Turn towards Rashid Minhas to Drig Road and Shara-e-Faisal. Hassan Square Flyover will remain closed.
3) During Exhibition Sir Shah Suleman Road from Hassan Square up to Stadium Intersection will be closed.
4) Only sticker bearing vehicles will be allowed to proceed from Stadium Bridge to Karachi Expo Center for their designated parking area. However rest of the vehicular Traffic will be diverted towards Stadium Road under Stadium Bridge right towards Dalmia and Millennium, similarly left towards Dhoraji, New Town PS etc.
5) The Public and heavy vehicles coming from Sohrab Goth towards City area are advised to use Shara-e-Pakistan and Sher Shah Soori Road (Nagan Towards Board Office). Similarly Traffic coming from University Road towards City area should use NIPA left turn Rashid Minhas.
6) Heavy, public and commercial vehicles coming from Karsaz towards Stadium will not be allowed from Karsaz Flyover.
7) No vehicle will be permitted to park along the route, at and around Expo Centre i.e. Sir Shah Suleman Road Stadium Crossing to Hassan Square and Hassan Square to Bait ul Mukaram Masjid. The route will be kept clear from all parking and other obstructions.
The general information for the residents at and Hassan Square were:
All residents at and around area of Hassan Square and other road users are requested to follow instructions of Traffic Police to avoid inconvenience.
Sir Shah Suleman Road from Hassan Square Bridge up to National Stadium normal traffic will not be allowed.
So public is requested to use Sehba Akhtar Road, Machli cut, University Road to NIPA, OR `U’ turn Jafri Optics KDA Society, National Stadium Backside, Steel Yar Cut, Stadium Road LDA Office U Turn to Karsaz and onwards.
The people were requested to follow the instructions of Traffic Police. To avoid any inconvenience and Traffic jam situation please call Traffic Police Helpline Rahnuma- 1915.
Moreover follow Traffic Police WhatsApp at 0305-9266907, Tune Sindh Police FM Radio 88.6 and follow our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/karachitrafficpolice for update. -APP