Pakistan a country located in the heart of Asia has achieved a name in world in the field of science, sports and natural beauty. Pakistan is a developing country despite of lack of resources Pakistan is not less than any developed country in the achievements and performances.
Here are 24 interesting facts about Pakistan that every Pakistani around the world will be proud of.
1. Pakistan is the world’s first Islamic country to attain nuclear power.
2.Pakistan has the largest canal-based irrigation system in the world
3. Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) was founded on 23 October 1946 as Orient Airways. The airline was nationalized on January 10th, 1955. The airline has a world record for flying the fastest between London and Karachi. The airline achieved this feat in 1962 when they completed the flight in 6 hours, 43 minutes, 55 seconds, a record which remains unbroken to this day.
4.Pakistan also made history with the youngest civil judge in the world. Mohammed Ilyas passed the exam when he was 20 years and 9 months old and thus became the youngest civil judge in the world.
5.The ‘Khewra Salt Mine’ in Pakistan is the second largest and oldest salt mine in the world
6.Pakistan has the only fertile desert in the world – the Tharparkar desert – located in Sindh province
7. According to a survey, Pakistan has one of the world’s top national anthem tunes. The duration of Pakistan’s National Anthem is 80 seconds.
8. Pakistanis are the fourth-most intelligent people in the world, according to poll results gathered from 125 countries by the Institute of European Business Administration.
9. The world’s longest glacial system outside the polar regions – the Biafo Glacier – is in Pakistan.
10. The largest earth-filled dam in the world (and fifth largest by structural volume) is the ‘Tarbela Dam’ on the Indus river in Pakistan. The dam was built in 1968 and 1976. The dam is 143.26 meters high and 2,743.2 meters long.
11. Out of the total land area in Pakistan, 25% is under agricultural cultivation. Pakistan irrigates three times more land area than Russia.
12. The once world’s largest man-made forest is in Pakistan – the Changa Manga forest (12,423 acres in area). It is named after two brother dacoits, the Changa Manga forest was originally planted in 1866 by British foresters.
13.Pakistan is also blessed with Jahangir Khan, a former World No. 1 professional squash player. Between 1981 and 1986, he won 555 matches consecutively (the longest winning streak by any athlete in top-level professional sports as recorded by Guinness World Records).
14. Islamabad, Pakistan is ranked the second most beautiful capital in the world.
15. MM Alam, late Air Commodore from Pakistan, is known to have shot five planes in less than a minute during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965
Picture courtesy- MEDIA POINT
16.Pakistan is so far the only nation in the world to get established on the basis of ‘Religion’.
17. Gwadar port is the largest deep sea port in the world, located on the southwestern Arabian Sea along the coastline of Balochistan, Pakistan. The port has an area of 64,000 square meters and has a depth of more than 14 meters.
18. Benazir Bhutto became the first female Prime Minister of Pakistan, and of any Muslim nation.
19. Makli Hill located in Thatta, Pakistan is home to over half a million tombs and graves. It is one of the largest necropolis (a large, designed cemetery with elaborate tomb monuments) in the world. The tombs were built over a period of 400 years between the 14th and 18th centuries
20. The Badshahi Mosque in Lahore, Pakistan is one of the world’s largest mosques. It was commissioned by the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb in 1671 and its construction completed in 1673. However, the mosque was largely used for military purposes during the Sikh era and the British rule for many years until the independence of Pakistan when it was restored to its original condition
21. Sohail Abbas, a Pakistani field hockey defender, is the highest goal scorer in the history of field hockey, with his current goal tally at 348
22. Sylvester Stallone’s Rambo III was shot in Pakistan.
23. Pakistani intelligence is considered the best intelligence corps in the world, even better than the CIA.
24. Pakistan is also known for its missile technology, which is one of the best in the world.