ISLAMABD: As an important move to de-escalate tensions between the arch-rivals, the Director Generals of Military Operations (DGMO) of Pakistan and India on Thursday have agreed on strictly observing Line of Control (LoC) ceasefire with effect from Thursday night.
According to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the DGMOs of both the countries have contacted at hotline and reviewed situation along the LoC and all other sectors. The Pakistani military media wing has told that the discussion was held in a free, frank and cordial atmosphere. Pakistan and Indian authorities have also expressed their will to address each other’s core issues and concerns for mutually beneficial and sustainable peace, ISPR stated.
It was reiterated by Pakistan and India that existing mechanisms of hotline contact and border flag meetings will be utilized to resolve any unforeseen situation or misunderstanding. Meanwhile, talking to a private news channel, DG ISPR Major General Babar Iftikhar has told that another understanding has been carried out in the 2003 agreement for LoC ceasefire. While sharing the statistics, the DG said that over 13,500 violations have been occurred since 2003 whereas 2019 has witnessed most number of the violations.
310 innocent citizens have embraced martyrdom while approximately 1600 have sustained injuries in the ceasefire violations, he went on to say. According to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Pakistan, in 2021, the Indian forces have attempted 175 ceasefire violations so far, resulting in serious injuries to eight innocent civilians. NNI