As novel coronavirus keeps wreaking havoc globally, most countries are still struggling to vaccinate the masses. As per the latest global Covid-19 statistics provided by the Johns Hopkins University, the total number of infections has exceeded a staggering 176 million while casualties have exceeded 3.8 million. But only a handful of countries have been able to fully vaccinate at least 10% of their population.
Mass vaccinations are a huge problem but health experts believe it's the only way out of this pandemic. This issue is particularly noteworthy in developing countries where the unavailability of jabs due to scarcity of resources is not the only hurdle health authorities encounter. The bigger issue seems to be the non-compliance of people and multiple baseless conspiracy theories/ rumors related to Covid-19 vaccines prevalent in such countries.
Responding to some of these rumors and conspiracy theories, renowned epidemiologist Dr. Faheem Younus who is currently serving as the Chief of Infectious Diseases at the University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health took to Twitter today and informed the public regarding 7 important facts everybody should know about various Covid vaccines available across the globe.
According to the Pakistani-American doctor, who has found quite a fame in the Twitter world in this pandemic, the following are such 7 vaccine facts everyone must know:
1) Vaccines prevent more than 90% of cases of severe diseases or death.
2) These are OK for pregnant women as well as lactating mothers.
3) These are OK for people with ANY disease or ANY allergy.
4) You don't have to take the Covid antibodies test.
5) The long-term side effects of vaccines occur in 1 per a million cases while serious complications i.e. clots formation occurs in 4 per a million cases.
6) If someone has active COVID-19, he/she should get immunized 4 weeks after recovering fully.
7) Lastly, only mass vaccinations can end the pandemic.