Aaj TV

China's embassy in Islamabad “strongly condemned” on Saturday the suicide attack targeting a car with Chinese nationals in Gwadar a day earlier, and called on Pakistan to take effective measures to prevent such attacks again.

Two children were killed and three adults injured on Friday when a suicide bomber detonated themself near the car.

As Aaj reported, Liaquat Shahwani, spokesperson for the Balochistan government, confirmed it a suicide act.

While calling for Islamabad to conduct a thorough investigation into the attack, the Chinese embassy also said: "relevant departments at all levels in Pakistan must take practical and effective measures to accelerate to implement strengthened whole-process security measures and upgraded security cooperation mechanism to ensure that similar incidents will not happen again."

The embassy noted “there have been several terrorist attacks in succession, resulting in the casualties of several Chinese citizens.”

A bus carrying Chinese workers in Dasu was attacked and killed 13 people, including nine Chinese nationals.

Pakistan blamed India's intelligence agency for that attack.

The banned Balochistan Liberation Army has claimed responsbility for Friday's attack.

Earlier this month the BLA claimed responsibility for grenade attacks in different parts of Quetta.

Security forces and Counter Terrorism Department said they killed five suspected members of the BLA in a gun battle in the New Marri Camp area of Hazarganji on August 12.

The federal government in 2006, exercising its powers under section 11(b) of the Anti-Terrorism Act, 1997, declared the BLA a terrorist organization.

The BLA is the oldest insurgent group in Balochsitan. They claim Pakistan exploits resources in their province and does not share proceeds with tribes. It has claimed responsibility for many attacks since it began its insurgency in 2000.