ISLAMABAD: The power shortfall in Pakistan has reached 6,865MW, causing 12 to 14 hours of loadshedding across the country, amid rising temperatures.
Sources in the Power Division said that 19,135MW was the average electricity production in the country against the demand of 26,000MW.
Power production breakdown
- 4,622MW of electricity was produced via water
- 1,134 through government thermal power plants
- 9,377MW from the power plants of the private sector
- 1,415MW from wind power plants
- 113MW from solar sources
- 190MW from bagasse (sugar mills) run power plants
- 2,284 from nuclear fuel
People are facing up to 14 hours power outages in different parts of the country, while the Islamabad Electric Supply Company is also facing a shortfall of 550MW. Officials said that the duration of load shedding was increased in the areas where there was an arrears difference.