The United States Mission in Pakistan has expanded the interview waiver eligibility at its embassy and the consulate general in Karachi for Pakistani citizens who are renewing B1/B2 tourist and business visas under its plans to provide better service.
“Pakistani citizens of ages 45 and older and whose B1/B2 visas are valid or have expired within the last 48 months are eligible to participate,” the mission said in a statement.
It added that the waiver was a procedural change to provide better customer service and more efficiently process renewals of tourist and business visas for qualified and eligible Pakistani citizens. “As required by the US law, some eligible visa holders may be required to appear at the US Embassy or US Consulate General for interviews after submission of their applications.”
What is business (B-1) visa
- Consult with business associates
- Attend a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference
- Settle an estate
- Negotiate a contract
What is tourism (B-2) visa
- Vacation (holiday)
- Visit with friends or relatives
- Medical treatment
- Participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
- Participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
- Enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation)
How to apply
- Determine your visa type by reading common nonimmigrant visas (citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the US)
- Complete the DS-160 Form (an online form for nonimmigrant visa)
- Pay the visa fee
- Log in to your profile with the same credentials you used to pay your visa fee
- Deliver your documents and interview-waiver visa application to any of the document drop off centres
- If additional information is needed to complete processing of your case, you will be informed by email. If your application is approved, your passport and visa will be delivered for pickup to your selected document collection centre you specified when you scheduled your interview.