Though Pakistan, like many other countries, has been able to flatten the Covid-19 curve to a great extent, still the novel coronavirus keeps claiming lives across the country.
As per reports, at least 57 people lost their life battle against the lethal flu bug in the past 24 hours. It must be noted that these are only the documented deaths and nowhere near the actual toll as health professionals working on the frontlines report that most cases are not reported due to multiple reasons and the actual numbers are way worse.
As of today, the latest statistics as provided by the National Command and Operations Center (NCOC)- the nerve center to synergize and articulate unified national effort against COVID-19, and to implement the decisions of the national coordination committee on COVID-19- are as follows:
• Total cases reported to date have reached 939,931.
• 35,695 tests were conducted in the last 24 hours out of which 1,194 returned positive.
• Positivity ratio reported in the past 24 hours is 3.34%.
• Total deaths reported to date have reached at least 21,633.
• Number of Covid-deaths reported in the past 24 hours is 57.
• Number of active cases currently present in the country has exceeded 44,000.
• Around 875,000 Pakistanis have fully recovered from Covid so far.