KARACHI: Chief Minister Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah has demanded “immediate outcomes and result-oriented operations” from law-enforcement following a series of terrorist attacks in Karachi including one on Monday night in which one woman was killed.
Addressing a press conference at CM House in Karachi on Tuesday, the chief minister said that the recent incidents of terrorism showed that the menace of terrorism had once again reared its ugly head in the metropolis. “We will not allow terrorists to hold the city hostage.”
Last night a controlled bomb explosion killed a woman and injured eleven others on MA Jinnah Road in the third terrorist attack in a month in the metropolis.
A few days earlier, another IED went off in the densely-populated downtown area. Prior to that, a female suicide bomber killed three Chinese nationals and one local inside the University of Karachi.
“Terrorists are being funded by foreign enemies of the country,” said the Sindh executive during the press conference. He added that there had been eleven incidents of terrorism during the last 12 months.
Earlier today CM Shah had summoned a special meeting over the law and order situation in the province in which he demanded immediate results.
Phone call with PM
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif telephoned CM Shah and discussed the ongoing wave of terrorism in the city.
The prime minister condemned the Bolton Market blast and said that the enemies of Pakistan were trying to destabilize the country. “But the people of Pakistan are united and capable enough to thwart such moves.”
The chief minister briefed the prime minister on the two latest incidents of terrorism - the Saddar Blast and Bolton Market blast. He informed the premier about the measures his government has taken to control the situation. The prime minister assured the chief minister of his full support to control the situation.