Minister for Information and Broadcasting Chaudhry Fawad Hussain has said that the government's commission headed by Lieutenant General (retd) Tariq Khan will investigate the "threat letter", adding that the Supreme Court's decision regarding the restoration of National Assembly, endangered parliament's supremacy.
Speaking to the media in Islamabad on Friday, Fawad urged the Supreme Court should reconsider its decision. "The Supreme Court itself arranged the parliament session," Fawad added.
Earlier on Thursday, the Supreme Court had declared the dissolution of National Assembly against the constitution and had also declared the ruling of the deputy speaker of the National Assembly regarding the no-trust motion against the prime minister null and void.
"It is declared that the [no-confidence] Resolution [against the prime minister] was pending and subsisting at all times and continues to so remain pending and subsisting," read the SC's short order.
In today's press conference Fawad claimed that the PTI has evidence regarding dissident lawmakers being in contact with foreign dignitaries.
He termed the no-confidence motion a 'foreign conspiracy', saying that a selected government would be imposed after the success of no-confidence motion against the premier.
The minister further said that the commission, headed by Lt General (rtd) Tariq Khan, would show that the communique does exist.
Lt General (rtd) Tariq Khan served as Corps Commander of I Strike Corps, IG FC, and commanded forces during Operation Zalzala.
He was also honored "Sword of Honor" from Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) in 55th PMA Long Course and is also recipient of Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military) and United States Legion of Merit award.