Aaj.tv Logo

Karachi Saddar blast: prime suspect killed, claim CTD, law enforcement agencies

Updated 18 May, 2022
<p>Security officials inspect the site of the explosion in Karach’s Saddar area on May 12, 2022. AFP/File</p>

Security officials inspect the site of the explosion in Karach’s Saddar area on May 12, 2022. AFP/File

**Karachi: The Counter-Terrorism Department and law enforcement agencies claim to have killed two out of three ‘terrorists’ that were prime suspects in Karachi’s Saddar blast that killed one person and injured 13 others last week.

The police operation was conducted in Karachi’s Mauripir area and one of the three suspects managed to flee confirmed CTD in charge Mazhar Mashwani. A search operation was underway to locate him.

Aaj News could not independently verify the details of the story.

The development comes a day after Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah’s press conference during which he demanded “immediate outcomes and result-oriented operations” from law enforcement following a series of terrorist attacks in Karachi.

The CTD claims that the suspects were identified as Allah Dino and Nawab, who apparently belonged to a banned terrorist organisation. Arms and explosive materials were recovered from their possession, they said, adding that for this purpose the bomb disposal unit was called during the operation.

The provincial government and Centre have claimed that the terrorists were being funded by foreign enemies of the country. Sindh CM Murad said that there had been eleven terrorist attacks during the last 12 months.